Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A little something about me.

Hi,

I am Italian and the second generation born in the United States. Typically Italian mothers teach their children how to cook at a very young age. My mother would always have her daughters and son right there helping with dinners and huge holiday meals, and huge holiday meals they were!

My Mother always cooked everything from scratch. Unlike today where you can find so many conveniences that make cooking and the preparation process much easier. Example: For tomato sauce my mother used fresh grown tomatoes for her sauce. Today, I use caned tomato sauce, tomato paste and tomato puree. I have tested these two sauces side by side and I have to say, they are very close in taste and texture.


In my early twenties I opened the doors to an Italian restaurant and Pizzeria. I prepared wonderful homemade dinners and had a great catering business. After being in business for seven years I had gotten a divorce from my business partner. At that point I came to the conclusion that it would be a good idea to get out of the restaurant business.

After the restaurant business I pursued other business endeavors. Through my endeavors I met my husband (Chief) He was a Chief in the Coast Guard. Shortly after we met we were married and he swooped me up and took me 3000 miles away from my hometown. We decided that after the Chief’s four-year tour in the Bay area we would go back home to Florida. 4 years later that is exactly what we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment